Our 120-hour course is one of our most popular online courses as it provides you with the highest quality instruction and an online TEFL certificate that is recognized around the world. One of the many reasons why this course is so popular is that it can be completed at your own pace, which means that you can organize your study around your own personal circumstances. ITTT also provides a 1 year support system after you have completed your certification.
Once you have officially enrolled on the 120-hour course, you will receive an email containing the log-in details you will need to gain access to your personal, restricted area of our online training course system. From this system you will be able to start studying your course materials either online or by downloading them to your personal computer.
After you have completed your studies for the first unit, your understanding of the materials will be assessed before you move on to study the next unit. Once all units have been completed you will be required to complete a final lesson planning task. When the lesson plan has been reviewed and accepted, you will graduate.
TEFL course Aims
Our 120-hour online TEFL course provides a complete introduction to the world of Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Upon completion of the course you should have gained a thorough understanding of the main English grammar structures, as well as many skills and techniques that will help you to prepare and successfully deliver English language lessons in the classroom.
TEFL course Content
Our 120-hour course includes subjects that can be divided into two distinct areas. Around half of the course content looks at subjects related to the teaching skills that you will need in the classroom; these include teaching theories and methodologies, classroom management, lesson planning and how to test and evaluate the progress of your students. The rest of the course content looks at the subject of language awareness and includes grammar issues such as the parts of speech and the tense system, as well as other important subjects such as pronunciation.
All of these important subject areas have been organized into twenty individual units that are designed to gradually build your understanding, without overwhelming you with information. Due to this practical structure, you should be able work your way through the course materials at whatever pace you prefer.
120-hour TEFL Certification Course Units
- Introductory Unit
- Unit 1: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 2: Parts of Speech
- Unit 3: Theories, Methods and Techniques
- Unit 4: Present Tenses
- Unit 5: Managing Classes
- Unit 6: Past Tenses
- Unit 7: Teaching New Language
- Unit 8: Future Tenses
- Unit 9: Lesson Planning
- Unit 10: Video Lessons
- Unit 11: Teaching Receptive Skills
- Unit 12: Teaching Productive Skills
- Unit 13: Teaching Pronunciation & Phonology
- Unit 14: Course Books and Lesson Materials
- Unit 15: Evaluation and Testing
- Unit 16: Conditionals & Reported Speech
- Unit 17: Equipment and Teaching Aids
- Unit 18: Modals, Phrasal Verbs and Passive Voice
- Unit 19: Teaching Special Groups
- Unit 20: Troubleshooting
The course is designed to give you the greatest amount of flexibility possible. You are given up to six months to complete the course, within this time frame you are free to work at whatever pace you like.
Post-Course TEFL Job Guidance
On completion of the 120-hour TEFL course, we are committed to providing all the reasonable assistance we can to help you find employment. Our support services include:
- CV/resume writing.
- How to find TEFL job vacancies.
- How to effectively apply for TEFL jobs.
- Interview preparation.
- Free downloadable teaching materials and lesson plans.
- We will provide these services for the duration of your teaching career.
Why Choose a TEFL/TESOL Course with Tutor Support?
Taking one of our courses with tutor support offers numerous advantages and we have found that students that have a tutor to guide them generally achieve better grades.
- You will have access to a tutor who can guide you and help you throughout the course
- Course materials presented on video as well as in written format. Excellent for visual learners.
- Additional specialized TEFL/TESOL course free of charge. Enhances your employability.
special price on offer from
special price on offer from