TEFL certification courses have traditionally been offered either as 4-week, classroom based courses or as 100% online or distance learning. We understand the benefits and drawbacks to both types of study. In order to offer greater variety and flexibility for course participants, we combined the best of both methods of study and training into one unique course. The course comprises of two elements of study: the first being online and the second being in-class study, training and teaching at one of our training centers. The course offers the opportunity to study the theories of teaching from the comfort of your own home or office, at your own pace, from anywhere in the world, through the online component of the course and then the opportunity to put theory into practice through further training and teaching at one of our training locations.
The great advantage of this TEFL course is flexibility. The online component of the course allows you the time to absorb the theories of TEFL teaching. Attendance at one of our training centres then gives you the opportunity to put this theory into practice. The Combined TEFL course is ideal for those that do not cope well with, or do not perform to their full potential in intensive study programs. The Combined TEFL course requires only one or two weeks' attendance at one of our locations rather than the traditional four weeks.
You can complete the online component of the course over a period that is suitable for you. The online component can be completed in any period from two weeks to six months - depending on how quickly, or slowly you wish, or are able to work through the course. The online component of the course comes with full online tutor support. There are three options for combined course attendance: five, eight and ten days. The eight-day and ten-day options include at least six hour of observed teaching practice (OTP) with feedback from the teacher trainer who has watched your class. The five-day combined course does not include OTP, but you are offered the option of completing some unobserved teaching practice at a later date.
Completion of both components of the combined TEFL course results in full TEFL certification. The in-class teaching practice component is available in two-week periods at our Phuket (Thailand), Barcelona (Spain), Shanghai (China), Bangkok (Thailand) and Rome (Italy) training centers. It is also available in one-week periods at our centers in New York City (USA) and Paris (France) and in five-day periods in Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco, Columbus, New York (#2), Orange County, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and Toronto in Canada.
Choose your state!
Course InformationMain features:
- The freedom to study the theoretical part of the course online, anywhere in the world in your own time.
- A personal tutor to provide you with comprehensive support.
- Professionally trained and experienced tutors.
- Online videos showing practical classroom experience involving qualified teachers.
- On location training and practice with students.
- An exceptional employment guidance and global placement service.
- Post qualification career advice and teaching support.
- airport greeting and transfer upon arrival (in most locations).
- comfortable, private accommodation.
- lesson preparation guided by qualified, experienced teacher trainers.
- comprehensive lesson planning, lesson evaluation and feedback.
- additional training sessions on language awareness, teaching skills and classroom management.
- observation of experienced teachers in a genuine classroom environment.
- all course and teaching materials.
- observation of peers' teaching practice with actual students of English.
- additional career development seminars.
- access to support services and online teaching materials.
The Combined TEFL course aims to provide a solid foundation for teaching English. Upon completion of the Combined course, graduates will have a good working knowledge of the English grammatical system, a sound awareness of the skills and teaching techniques required for successful language teaching and experience of teaching actual students of English.