TEFL certification courses have traditionally been offered either as 4-week, classroom based courses or as 100% online or distance learning. We understand the benefits and drawbacks to both types of study. In order to offer greater variety and flexibility, we have combined the best of both methods into one unique course. The combined TEFL course comprises of two elements of study: the first being online and the second being in-class study at one of our training centers.
The great advantage of this TEFL course is flexibility. The online component allows you the time to absorb the theories of TEFL teaching. Attendance at one of our training centres then gives you the opportunity to put this theory into practice. The combined TEFL course is ideal for those that do not cope well with, or do not perform to their full potential in intensive study programs. The combined TEFL course also only requires between five and ten days attendance at one of our training locations rather than the traditional four weeks.
You can complete the online component of the course over any period from two weeks to six months - depending on how quickly, or slowly you wish, or are able to work through the course. The online component of the course also comes with full online tutor support. There are three options for the in-class section of the course: five, eight and ten days. The eight-day and ten-day options include at least six hours of observed teaching practice (OTP) with feedback from a teacher trainer. The five-day combined course does not include OTP, but you are offered the option of completing some unobserved teaching practice at a later date.
Completion of both components of the combined TEFL course results in full TEFL certification. The in-class teaching practice component is available over a ten-day period at our Phuket, Barcelona, Bangkok, and Rome training centers, or an eight-day period at our centers in New York City and Paris. The five-day course option is offered at a number of training centers spread across the USA and Canada.
Choose your state!
Course InformationMain features:
- The freedom to study the theoretical part of the course online, anywhere in the world in your own time.
- A personal tutor to provide you with comprehensive support.
- Professionally trained and experienced tutors.
- Online videos showing practical classroom experience involving qualified teachers.
- On location training and practice with students.
- An exceptional employment guidance and global placement service.
- Post qualification career advice and teaching support.
- airport greeting and transfer upon arrival (in most locations).
- comfortable, private accommodation.
- lesson preparation guided by qualified, experienced teacher trainers.
- comprehensive lesson planning, lesson evaluation and feedback.
- additional training sessions on language awareness, teaching skills and classroom management.
- observation of experienced teachers in a genuine classroom environment.
- all course and teaching materials.
- observation of peers' teaching practice with actual students of English.
- additional career development seminars.
- access to support services and online teaching materials.
The Combined TEFL course aims to provide a solid foundation for teaching English. Upon completion of the Combined course, graduates will have a good working knowledge of the English grammatical system, a sound awareness of the skills and teaching techniques required for successful language teaching and experience of teaching actual students of English.