Due to the ever increasing demand for English teachers globally, we are now in a position to offer applicants our 4 week residential courses in 25 different locations spread over 14 countries and five continents. Course composition remains the same throughout the world, although course fees and accommodation costs can vary according to the location.
5-Day Combined TEFL/TESOL courses USA and Canada
The 60-hour TEFL International 5-day course has the following course features in all centres:
- 35 hours of in-class instructor-led lectures and teacher training.
- 20 hours of reading plus exam to be completed after the course at the student’s convenience (offsite training and exam must be completed before the certificate is awarded).
- Five hours of out-of-class creative lesson planning, presentation preparation, reading and exercises during the training (this will be onsite or offsite or a combination of both).
The 60-hour TEFL International TESOL Foundation Certificate is awarded at the end of the course. The in-class course days are typically* scheduled as follows:
- Wed, Thu, Fri: (5.30 p.m. – 10 p.m.)
- Sat, Sun: (9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.)
Where to attend your TEFL course
The majority of our students commence their teaching career in their city of study, while others choose to travel to teach in other parts of that country or abroad. Your choice of teaching location can depend on one of a number of personal preferences such as rate of pay, hours, terms of employment, chances of successfully securing a job, and timing.
The easiest continents in which to obtain TEFL employment are Asia, South America and Europe which consistently show a big demand. India is a prime example of a fast developing country which used to offer English language teaching jobs almost exclusively on a volunteer basis. Now it is a prime destination for our graduates largely due to the unstoppable growth of the service industry there with demand for teachers far outstripping supply.
SPECIAL OFFER: Sign up for one of our 4-week classroom based residential courses by the end of this month and receive a free additional certificate course in teaching business English (CTBE) or certificate in teaching young learners (CTEYL).