Due to the rapid globalization of business practices around the world, teaching business related English is one of the fastest growing markets in the TEFL industry. International businesses in many different sectors are increasingly relying on English as the main form of business communication meaning there is an ever growing demand for teachers who specialize in this field. This course will equip you with the skills and techniques necessary to be an effective and successful business English teacher.
In order to teach business English it is not necessary to have an extensive background or experience in the business world as the vast majority of the language skills you will teach are the same as in any other field. This course will show you how to adapt your existing teaching knowledge to fit the specific needs of business clients. With the addition of a CTBE certificate to your portfolio you will find that your employment options are greatly increased worldwide.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
Choosing the tutored option will give you access to the support and assistance of our experienced online tutors for the duration of the course. You will be able to contact a tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice via email within one working day.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
This course is based around the same structure as our standard 60-hour and 120-hour online TEFL courses. At the end of each unit, your understanding of the materials will be evaluated before you move on to study the following unit. The final task for this course involves creating a final essay writing task. The final essay writing task is submitted online for review by a course tutor.
You will be given up to six months to finish the whole course, and within this time frame you can set your own pace depending on your personal circumstances and learning style. Once the course is successfully completed you will graduate and receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
Once you have successfully completed your CTBE online certification course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and discuss the process of teaching business English using industry standard terminology.
- Construct a course syllabus based around the specific needs of your students.
- Create effective lesson plans and be able to produce clear ideas for delivering those lessons to a variety of different students.
- Source and create classroom materials for use in business English lessons.
- Design assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Fully understand the role of a business English teacher in various situations and environments.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
special price on offer from