The TEFL Diploma is our most advanced online course and is aimed at practicing teachers or those who have completed a TEFL/TESOL certification course and want to take their qualification and knowledge to the next level.
There are many reasons for choosing the TEFL Diploma course including:
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an EFL teacher.
- The potential to earn a higher income.
- The opportunity to obtain a more prestigious teaching position.
TEFL Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
Modules 1 to 11 will require around 21 hours of study each. The summative task is a research-based thesis which normally takes around 20 hours to complete. Therefore, you should expect the whole course to take around 250 hours.
TEFL Diploma Course Aims
The TEFL Diploma course covers a wide range of topics from the design of teaching materials to educational theories, all of which should provide you with a greater understanding of your role as an English language teacher.
As you progress through the course you should find that you gradually develop your research techniques and essay writing skills, as well as other transferable skills that will be useful in and out of the classroom.
Diploma Course Assessment
With this course you will complete an online multiple choice test after each course module. Once you have completed each test your answers will be automatically marked and the results presented in a bar graph so you can follow your progress. Once you have completed all eleven modules you will need to submit your research-based thesis as laid out in the summative task.
Once you have completed all the modules and the research project, you will receive your online TESOL/TEFL Diploma certificate.
TEFL Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TEFL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course TEFL Job Guidance
On completion of your online TEFL Diploma course, ITTT is committed to providing all the reasonable assistance we can to help you find employment. Our support services include:
- CV/resume writing
- How to find TEFL job vacancies
- How to effectively apply for TEFL jobs
- Interview preparation
All the above services are available to you throughout your teaching career.
TEFL Diploma Special Offer:
Commit to our online TEFL Diploma course by singing up before the end of this month and obtain a 120-hour TEFL certificate course at no extra cost. If you already have a TESOL/TEFL certificate, diploma applicants have the option of choosing our CTEYL or our CTBE course as their free option.
special price on offer from